As the legendary comediene Phyllis Diller once said, “Housework can’t kill you, but why take a chance?” Brilliant words indeed. And, it’s how i approach the level of attention I give to it which in part led me to embracing and admitting that i am an accidental housewife vs. Martha Stewart or Suzie Home-maker. I’m all about doing just enough to keep my son from starvation; my home looking terrif with minimal upkeep; health inspectors away and lest we not overlook: my sanity and manicure in tact. That’s why whenever I discover something that also saves me time, money and the environment it’s a tri-fecta and I’m all over it…
Which leads to a new carpet that my buds at Carpet One Floor & Home sent me to try out. It’s called Tigressa…love the name-somehow conjures up images of ‘me Tarzan you Jane’ lying on the carpet getting wild…or in their case lyin on a Leopard skin:
Okay well maybe that’s a stretch , must be my imagination going wild with a mild case of heat stroke courtesy of the record-breaking warm weather here in the NorthEast! So forgive my di-gressa from Tigressa 🙂
Lots of companies send me products to try out, and having worked with Carpet One a few years back and their commitment to Breast Cancer Awareness, I was happy to oblige when Terri Daniels, their head public relations guru, all around terrif person and fellow Dirty Martini lover reached out to me. That, and two other reasons:
1. I am a humongous slob and notorious/repeat red wine spiller…another reason for my ‘accidental’ moniker! And, why God created my favorite carpet cleaning service Stanley Steemer whom i now have on speed dial!
2. I am thinking of refinishing my basement and want to be sure I put in carpet that looks good, is soft on my feetsies, durable, affordable and mega stain resistant for my many ‘accidental’ spills…( a reason i am thinking of drinking only clear libations …long live my ‘Tini LOL!)
And, dare I say Tigressa is the besta:
- Looks terrif-love it’s black since it doesn’t show most any dirt or stain!
- Soft on my feet and comfy to lie on solo or …
- Passed the Accidental Spill Test: Though i didn’t do this accidentally, I did spill my fave dirty tini on the rug and to my delight it pooled up making it a housewifely dream to blot and quickly clean up. That also means moisture won’t get trapped below and possibly cause mold to grow–major sanity saving plus!
- And, just in case that glass of red leaves a mark, Tigress comes with a Lifetime Stain Warrantee (20 years) which means they’ll replace it gratis…love that!
- Oh one more thing too–it’s eco-friendly!