As the legendary comediene Phyllis Diller once said, “Housework can’t kill you, but why take a chance?” Brilliant words indeed. And, it’s how i approach the level of attention I give to it which in part led me to embracing and admitting that i am an accidental housewife vs. Martha Stewart or Suzie Home-maker. I’m all about doing just enough to keep my son from starvation; my home looking terrif with minimal upkeep; health inspectors away and lest we not overlook: my sanity and manicure in tact. That’s why whenever I discover something that also saves me time, money and the environment it’s a tri-fecta and I’m all over it…
Which leads to a new carpet that my buds at Carpet One Floor & Home sent me to try out. It’s called Tigressa…love the name-somehow conjures up images of ‘me Tarzan you Jane’ lying on the carpet getting wild…or in their case lyin on a Leopard skin:
Okay well maybe that’s a stretch , must be my imagination going wild with a mild case of heat stroke courtesy of the record-breaking warm weather here in the NorthEast! So forgive my di-gressa from Tigressa 🙂
Lots of companies send me products to try out, and having worked with Carpet One a few years back and their commitment to Breast Cancer Awareness, I was happy to oblige when Terri Daniels, their head public relations guru, all around terrif person and fellow Dirty Martini lover reached out to me. That, and two other reasons:
1. I am a humongous slob and notorious/repeat red wine spiller…another reason for my ‘accidental’ moniker! And, why God created my favorite carpet cleaning service Stanley Steemer whom i now have on speed dial!
2. I am thinking of refinishing my basement and want to be sure I put in carpet that looks good, is soft on my feetsies, durable, affordable and mega stain resistant for my many ‘accidental’ spills…( a reason i am thinking of drinking only clear libations …long live my ‘Tini LOL!)
And, dare I say Tigressa is the besta:
- Looks terrif-love it’s black since it doesn’t show most any dirt or stain!
- Soft on my feet and comfy to lie on solo or …
- Passed the Accidental Spill Test: Though i didn’t do this accidentally, I did spill my fave dirty tini on the rug and to my delight it pooled up making it a housewifely dream to blot and quickly clean up. That also means moisture won’t get trapped below and possibly cause mold to grow–major sanity saving plus!
Look mom! No gloves required...Love that! Back to 'tini time!
- And, just in case that glass of red leaves a mark, Tigress comes with a Lifetime Stain Warrantee (20 years) which means they’ll replace it gratis…love that!
- Oh one more thing too–it’s eco-friendly!
So my friends, if you’re in the market to do some Spring Freshening of your floors that is also terrif if you’ve got messy kiddies (duh! is their any any other kind) and pets, visit a Carpet One store (www.carpetone.com/tigressa), take your shoes off, spill some water (or wine if you have your sippy to go cup but don’t tell ’em i told you to!) and see all the 1000 colors and textures Tigressa’s avail in…Not to mention it’s on sale now….BTW, imagining yourself as Tarzan ‘n Jane will be your call…of the wild. Meow! Spread the glove!