Happy Valentine’s Day all! ‘Tis wonderful that love is in the air and wanted to share this piece as I do every V-day!
So whether it’s your first date, love of your life, one of the millions who pop the ‘will you marry’ question, dine alone or have been there done that for some time, Valentine’s Day can muster the romantic in you from sip to sleep. Here are a few simple ways to deal with those heartfelt ‘accidental’ stains that unlike love are not what we want to last! And BTW, if you haven’t seen the flick “Valentine’s Day” rent, DVR or Netflix it…it’s got all the peeps that make for good eye candy for any age and dreaming of happily ever after V-day including Ashton Kutcher, Julia Roberts, Bradley Cooper, Eric Dane (my personal fave Grey’s Anatomy studly guy!), Patrick Dempsey (second to Eric:) Jessica Alba, Jessica Biel, Anne Hathaway, Taylor Lautner, Taylor Swift, Shirley McClaine and on and on
- LIPSTICK: With all that lip locking, there is bound to be some lipstick ending up on your man’s collar. Don’t regret those kisses, put a dollop of non-gel shaving cream on those hot lip marks, dab and rinse with club soda or water. Continue but now go ‘au natural’!
- CHOCOLATE: As Forest Gump said so eloquently, “I ‘m not a smart man . . . but I know what love is” . He also said that his momma believed “life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0109830/quotes ! So now that your sweetie’s satisfied your sweet tooth and you’ve consumed that whole heart shaped box of love i.e. chocolates, you also got what you didn’t expect: a glob on that sexy white silk blouse.. So grab some clear hand sanitizer, squeeze some on and dab out the stain with a towel or micro-fiber cloth and switch to popcorn! Tide to Go is also terrif in a pinch!
- STRAWBERRIES: Nothing says “I Love You” like chocolate covered strawberries but no one likes a strawberry stain. Remove any access strawberry from the article of clothing with a spoon or knife, then as your touching up your doo, take aim with your aerosol can of hairspray and spritz the stain to remove.
- SWEAT STAINS: Valentine’s Day is one of the most popular days to ‘pop’ the big question as in ‘will you marry me’. But, alas, your nerves from popping the big question, or being the one being popped to can cause one to sweat. Here’s an easy RX! Just get out a big bowl, pour in enough warm water to cover the stain, and hand crush 2-6 aspirin tablets into the bowl. Once dissolved, put your white machine washable dress or tee shirt into it and let sit 2-4 hours. No problemo if you get distracted calling all your loved ones to announce the big news and leave it overnight! Then launder par usual. Your nerves and shirt will feel and look better in the morning!
- RED WINE: If you spill some red wine maybe that will teach you to go for the white wine! That’s right, first run some cool water through the stain , then a bit of salt to help life and finish with some white wine. Then for the rest of the eve, switch to clear libations to avoid any further mishaps!
- LOVE STAINS: You want of course to be safe and use proper protection and precautions but if some of the love escapes ‘accidentally’ or prematurely onto your white sheets or boxers, just use some hydrogen peroxide which is a natural bleaching agent so don’t use it on anything dark. Then throw it in the laundry and go back to kissing for a bit! REMEMBER: never use hot water to soak or wash the stain, as hot water will help set a majority of protein-based stains.
- BONUS TIP: Dealing with a creaky bed and don’t want to your neighbors or worse your kiddies hearing every intimate detail, sprinkle baby powder in all the joints so they don’t rub and make noise. Also put on some romantic music and blast just in case!